Friday, August 15, 2014

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - 8 - Twilight of the Golden Witch recap part 8 (endings)


Battler coughed, which means by some miracle he was still alive...
Well, that was a nice warm-up. Shall we get started, Bernkastel? Round 2
Impossible!!... [red truth] Battler is dead!!!
I've used the red truth!! I've said that Battler is dead, right?! So why, how did he come back to life?!
Even if the whole world says he's dead... I'll be the one person in the world who believes... Onii-chan is alive.
Even if the whole world refuses to acknowledge it, the miracle will happen as long as we believe!!
There will be no miracle!! [red truth] There exists no one whom you can trust!!
The mystery was deflected back by... Beato...
You call that cliche a triiiick...?!! I've read and gotten bored of that one long ago!
At this point, Ange's abilities make the red truth completely meaningless to her.
Everyone from Rokkenjima/Golden Land slowly appeared, and rose to their feet.
Even if the whole world denies my hope, I won't abandon it. I won't abandon my unshakable hope that everyone's alive... This is something that I've finally reached... This is... my attitude as a witch.
I am the Golden Witch, ANGE Beatrice... My titles are the Golden, the Endless, and the Witch of Resurrection.
Oh yeah, I remember that stuff about her resurrection abilities from ep4... it's amazing she came back to that after going through this obsession with becoming the "Witch of Truth"
Everyone will be with me for eternity. No matter how many times people try to kill them with the red truth, I'll reject it. Everyone will be revived for me no matter how many times it takes... I am ANGE, Witch of Resurrection!! In my world, your red truth can't touch me!!!
From Ange... no, from Ange and her family and her friends, several golden streaks shot out at once. Then, the wriggled, combined into one single mass, and transformed into an eagle with two wings.
Bernkastel didn't fight the golden eagle. She couldn't. In this world of Ange's, where even the red truth couldn't hurt anyone, just what sort of attack could have any effect?
Th... this is... can Endless Nine really do this...?! Even the red truth... doesn't work?!! Just what is this golden truth?!! What kind of golden truth could defeat red truth...?!!
A believing heart... This is 'our' consensus. Compared to the truth that we all acknowledge and share, your red truth can't hurt anything.
So long, Bernkastel! This
time, it's really checkmate.
Beato. Don't act too cozy with my big brother. I still haven't accepted your relationship, got it?
*cackle*cackle*! It was your own foolishness to revive me! Wah?!
Wow, this is pretty convenient. Looks like this resurrection magic has an off switch.
Featherine:
Splendidly done, Lady ANGE Beatrice. And I thank you for sparing my miko's life.
Finally, Ange solved the last puzzle of Battler's game... the puzzle from Beatrice. She did the candy hand trick... Ange had to decide whether it was a trick or magic, and enter the door to the future based on her decision.


Umineko Chiru Episode 8 - "Trick" ending


First I chose "Trick" because Beatrice clearly switched from left hand to right hand...
Ange awoke on the ferry boat headed to Rokkenjima... She threw away the Kinzo poster that she got from that daydream.. and then told Amakusa that coming here was a bad idea.. with Sumadera coming after her.. this island with no inhabitants was the perfect closed room.
Okonogi, he wants to have both the Sumadera family and Ange indebted to him, so he can keep an eye on Ange and sell information about her, while having a trump card in his hand...
We can be sure that the Sumadera family is chasing me. My actions are being intentionally leaked to them. Then, we will bump into each other on Rokkenjima. I will be killed by them. After that, you will kill the Sumadera hitmen, and Okonogi will have a trump card to use in negotiations with the Sumaderas...
...etc... a lot of background plot here that is completely unrelated to the rest of the game...
So she's suggesting that Amakusa is working for Okonogi... based on all the guns she found on him.. she pulled out a handgun and pointed it at him, while explaining more about her theory.
Just by the presence of this handgun, see how far Ushiromiya Ange's reasoning has taken her. What do you think, everyone...?
I thought something was fishy about her line of thought... has she literally been possessed by Erika?
She shot him in the gut, knowing that he had a gun in his pocket and could counterattack...
Next she pointed the gun at the ferryman.
Before we left, you said that you needed more time because there was something wrong with the boat. However, if you've been bought, then we can say for sure that you were buying time so that Sumadera Kasumi could set up her ambush on Rokkenjima.
You're a cat box, inside of which is a Kawabata who was bought and betrayed me, and a Kawabata who hasn't betrayed me. Now then, how can I kill the part that betrayed me? I just have to shoot the whole cat box to death.
The boat whose owner was gone... headed towards the endless horizon, on and on in a straight line. She prayed that the truth she truly desired to reach lay before her.
Erika shows up...
Splendid reasoning, comrade Ange. My fellow Witch of Truth, ANGE Beatrice.
The boat headed towards the endless horizon... continuing on its endless journey. The new Witch of Truth announced the beginning of this endless journey to her fellow witch.

wow... I wasn't expecting this at all.

Umineko Chiru Episode 8 - "Magic" ending


Ange awoke ontop of the tower...
The sky... was far away. But so was the ground. This whole time, I've been in this sad place, so far from both of those worlds.
Okonogi's guards were behind her, thinking she was going to jump... She calls Okonogi, and gives him the rights to the Ushiromiya group...
After all, there's already something for me to do. I am ANGE Beatrice, witch of Mariage Sorciere. Ushiromiya Ange just fell from here and died... I am the witch, ANGE.... I'll live. As a witch.
After Ange left the game board, the residents of the Golden Land disappeared as well... only Battler was left.
Featherine:
I believe there was some rule about closing this door?
EVA:
Yes, that's right... The rule said that you needed two people to close it.
Battler and Eva closed the door to the future. Battler said goodbye to Erika, the great detective and his rival, then him and EVA left the City of Books.

Hachijo:
... I will say it again. I've changed my mind. Ushiromiya Eva's diary will not be made public.
After that, people eventually started thinking of the Rokkenjima mystery as the desecration of the dead...

An unopened cat box is eternal. At the bottom of the deep sea known as the depths of oblivion... the cat box of the witches will probably get slowly buried as the years pass.
Featherine... threw a single golden rose into that sea. An offering to let the cat box rest in peace. In darkness, there was a massive roar and an earthquake. When it passed, dawn began to rise over the endless night...

The third day. October 6th, 1986.
Battler:
Where am I...?
Beato:
We're in the wreckage of an old submarine base.
She shows him to a motorboat, tells him how to get to Nijima...
Aren't you coming?
I cannot... I am the master of the Golden Land. I cannot leave this place.
Go. Go while I'm still in a good mood. Otherwise, I may seal the island in a storm again.
Battler lifted her up in the air...
Then I'll take you back as a souvenir of the Golden Land... I'm going to kidnap you.
If you have sinned, then it's my sin as well for making you do it.
They set out onto the sea...
Will I... be able to live...?
You will... You won't have a magical butler, but there's lots of conveniences out there in the world. There are all kinds of things you can't find on Rokkenjima. I'll... show you this world of ours.
I am the sinful witch, who toyed with hundreds of deaths on that island... Your world... is too brilliant for me.
If you think you need to atone for hundreds of sins, then keep on living and living. That's the only way you can atone.
Beato tells Battler to close his eyes, then moves her face close to his...
Foolish man... You ought to be cursed for taking the witch away from the Golden Land. That's why you must close your eyes... I... it's... embarrassing for me too.
She kissed him... Then, after sighing and tickling his ear, Beato spoke in her usual cheerful, bullying voice.
Sorry, Battler. I'm a terrible, atrocious witch.
Yeah, I know. You're an evil, cruel witch.
And so, I cannot atone for my sins. I'm the sort of witch who can cackle over hundreds of deaths...!
Battler accidentally opened his eyes... And when he did... the witch was nowhere to be seen. The Golden Witch had vanished... like a dream or an illusion...
And... so had the single ingot they had carried with them.

[auto scrolling text]
Battler jumped into the sea after Beato... refusing to let her go... even if it means sinking into the abyss with her.
At the bottom of the abyss... they found a faintly glowing golden rose... floating ontop of a cat box...

*wipes tear, blows nose*
... okay, moving on...

back in 1998...
Okonogi:
... You've changed... I thought you would never forgive the president as long as you lived.
You're the one who taught me, Okonogi-san.
I did? Did I say something?
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.
It's been a long journey... It really has been a long journey, all just to understand what you told me that day.
What are you going to do from now on?
I'm going to become an author.
Starting today, Ushiromiya Ange would change her name and live in a new climate. This didn't mean she would give up on being Ange.
I am ANGE Beatrice. The Golden and Endless Witch of Resurrection. A witch of Mariage Sorciere. The final witch, who is still alive in the future called 1998...


END of Episode 8

After starting ep 8 again:
You may perform witchcraft to jump forward in time
Cast the spell -> Please select your destination -> Quiz tournament (first half)
Don't cast the spell
Here's all the variations on the quiz prizes depending on how well you did...

- prize for not getting any medals: a toilet brush
- prize for 1 medal: a can of mackerel
- prize for 2 medals: a cushion with the 1-winged eagle on it
- prize for 3 medals: a white school swimsuit
- prize for 4 medals: a fully ripe mango
- prize for 5 medals: a decorative pin branch
- prize for 6 medals: a uniform from Angel Mort
- prize for 7 medals: a Kinzo pin-up poster
- prize for 8 medals: a bag that laughs with Kinzo's voice
- prize for 9 medals: a one-winged Eagle carp streamer
- prize for 10 medals: a bouquet of golden roses
- prize for 11 medals: a music box that was passed down through the ages
- prize for 12 medals: a mass-produced Sakutaro doll (and by coincidence, Maria's question was the 13th one)
- prize for 13 medals: a tea set bearing the family crest
- prize for 14 medals: a pocket watch bearing the family crest
- prize for 15 medals: a Beatrice corsage
- prize for 16 medals: a Battler doll
- prize for 17 medals: a Beatrice doll

No comments:

Post a Comment