Saturday, August 23, 2014

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - 8 - Tea Parties recap (finale)

Umineko Chiru Episode 8 Tea Party


Featherine says she's going to write just a little bit more and then she's done...
Bern is sewing Lambdadelta back together. Erika comes in and brings her some materials, then Bern tells her to get out. Erika gets mad and starts tickling Lambda's arm
Erika writes a letter to them... telling them about how Gertrude, Cornelia, Will, and herself are doing..
Then they start talking about where they're going to go this time...
Bern:
If you go north, I'll go south." Lambda: "If you go east, I'll go west." - "I... hope we can find another charming tale like this one.
We'll meet again. When something else cries.


Umineko Chiru Episode 8 ????


Decades later, at some publishing award ceremony... People are talking about the award winning Sakutaro series... the author's name... was Kotobuki Yukari. Kotobuki was dying of cancer, and she said that she hadn't finished telling everything she needed to tell...

Someone asks her if she knows of the novelist Hachijo Tohya... apparently Hachijo wants to meet Kotobuki.
Did she really reach the truth? Why did she reach something that was infinitely close to the truth, "even from my perspective"?
They also tell her that Hachijo Tohya is actually two people... there's a female and male who were both the authors of the forgeries...
As soon as I heard that... I felt a premonition of a certain kind of miracle...
When I left on my journey, I abandoned the name of Ushiromiya Ange and stepped into a new life.

However, now that "Sakutarou's Adventure" has caught the public eye this year and made the name of Kotobuki Yukari famous... maybe it finally reached his ears."
the number of people who could recognize her from the connection with Sakutarou was very, very limited.
At the very instant that the arranged time came, they appeared... a man sitting in a wheelchair... and a woman pushing him.
There's no doubt about it... He's my brother... Ushiromiya Battler...
Hachijo Tohya introduce themselves...
My name is Hachijo Ikuko. I am mostly in charge of the actual writing... This is Tohya. He mostly handles drafting.
Even though Ikuko was much older, she was very youthful looking... There was a strange mystique about her... as though she was immortal and never-aging. Tohya says they've been together a long time...
Come to think of it, by now, he was staring back into my face. After all, I had been just six years old last time. It must be hard for him to find any traces he can recognize.
We were both at an age where outside appearances mattered to us. Even though we both knew, we wouldn't let our polite exterior falter. The humorous exchange was extremely embarrassing... I thought it would be a fated reunion, that we would hold each other and sob tears of gratitude together.
Tohya:
I came here today... thinking that you might be a certain person. Her name is Ushiromiya Ange... When I read your works and heard your name, I was sure that you were her.
That's right... How long it's been since I last used that name.
... Mr. Tohya. Your true name is... Ushiromiya Battler... san, is it not...?
After a long pause... "...That's right."
By now, Ange couldn't stop her tears...
I did believe... I believed you would come home... Onii-chan...
He explains how Eva avoided the explosion accident by escaping to Kuwadorian, and he escaped through another underground passage to a submarine base. then he escaped on a motorboat... however.. it must have broke somewhere along the way...
Please forgive him. Tohya suffers from memory loss. His memory from around the time he was drowning in the ocean is hazy.
On that day, he was lying on the road.
If she found me even a little later, I probably wouldn't have opened my eyes again.
Oh, i see... that stuff from ep8 where that character lost their memory and went to live with Ikuko... that was Ushiromiya... Battler, not Ange.
Ironically, the name I had abandoned when I decided to live in the future.. had delayed my reunion with my brother for so long...
However, I think I did recieve the message that my brother sent me. It was through Itouikukuro. I realized that Itouikukuro, the forger who claimed to have reached the truth, was actually Hachijo Tohya.
Ange tried to request a meeting with Hachijo Tohya to question her about why she was so sure she knew the truth, but she wasn't granted a meeting..
at the time, Ikuko wanted Ange to meet her brother, but was the one whoe Battler refused.
I have Ushiromiya Battler's memories.. however, because of the damage to my brain, I can't think of those as my own.
He's terrified that his memories are invading him, and that he'll wake up as another person living in his body... no matter how much he tried to convince himself he is Ushiromiya Battler, it doesn't work... he is Hachijo Tohya, to him, those memories belong to another person.

He was afraid of meeting Ange... that's why it took him this long.
I already... understood. So... it really was true. Ushiromiya Battler... did die that day. After all... didn't the witches say that he was dead so often with the red truth...? How pathetic for the Witch of Resurrection... the Witch of the Future... who swore that everyone would be together always...
Tohya-san, please raise your head. Thank you... you must have suffered a lot.
Holding hands... we brought our foreheads close and cried together for a while. Then, we talked of the old days. He remembered things vividly, even things that I couldn't remember myself. Each time, they made me cry even harder, and he hung his head apologetically.
Kotobuki/Ange tried to limit her sobbing in order to help her brother not feel so bad about this.
... Even if he isn't Ushiromiya Battler... My Onii-chan came back to me...
Finally they left the coffee shop late at night...
It's probably best... if I don't meet with Mr. Tohya again. It will cause him pain... and of course, I'll find myself bound to the past again. Even so, just one more time. There was one place I felt I had to show him.
On that day, would you lend me your time just once more? ...That way, I think both me and my brother will be satisfied. I think... it might also be a chance for you to free yourself from the weight of my brother's memory.
They arrived at the Fukuin House. Ange had been using her share of the wealth from the Ushiromiya group to revive this place.
All people can use magic to create their future and find a Fragment of happiness... This was a witch's school for teaching that magic.
The "Witch's Dormitory" from Sakutarou's Great Adventure?
Tonight, was the Fukuin House's halloween party. At the sight of the hall... Tohya opened his mouth in wide-eyed shock. This was... a replica of the great hall of the Ushiromiya mansion.

Then... Tohya's eyes fixed on something at the other side of the room. It was... a portrait. A portrait of Rokkenjima's other master.
Ange had the artist who drew the original portrait draw it again based on his photo.

Then... Battler finally snapped out of it... all of the people from the Golden Land appeared before him... including Beatrice.
Sorry I'm late, everyone.
Now that everyone is together, they will resurrect the Golden Land in this place...


That was a perfect ending... it couldn't have possibly wrapped things up better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment